Healthy Dark Chocolate Orange Ramekins
These gluten-free, dairy-free, ramekins take 15 minutes to make, uses natural ingredients, tastes delicious and are packed with protein. They can be made in advance and a perfect accompaniment to your post work-out coffee. If you’re not dairy-free, you can use cow’s milk and serve them with plain Greek yoghurt.
- 1 scoop chocolate flavoured protein powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 free range egg
- Juice from ½ an orange
- Zest from ½ an orange
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 450°F/230°C
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl or Blender. Add the wet ingredients and blend until fully mixed. Fold in orange zest.
- Spray two ramekins with non-stick cooking spray. Using a spoon, divide ¾ of the mixture between the two ramekins. Make a small well in the centre of each and pour ½ tablespoon of dark chocolate chips into each ramekin. Spoon the remaining mixture on top and smooth level.
- Place on oven tray and bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Enjoy as is, or with protein packed Plain Greek Yogurt sprinkled with dark chocolate chips.
Is Greek yoghurt gluten free?
Almost all natural dairy products are gluten free. This includes Greek yoghurt in its purest form, also called plain Greek yoghurt. So in theory, Greek yoghurt is gluten free but read the label as some brands use additives, which results in their plain Greek yoghurt containing gluten.